Most people have smart phones nowadays and they can put these devices into great use when it comes to recording voice interviews. If you have an iPhone then you should know that you have an intuitive and versatile device on your hands which you can put into good use when it comes to recording interviews. This article gives an explanation on how to record voice interviews using your iPhone to end up with quality sound recordings for transcription.
- Start up the Voice Memos app on your device.
- On the left hand side of the microphone icon is the ‘Record’ button. Press it to start recording.
- To the right hand side of the microphone icon is the ‘Stop’ button which you should press once you have finished recording.
- Once you press stop after recording, the ‘Stop’ button will be replaced by a button which allows you to access the list of recordings made using the device.
- Select the voice recording you just made or the best voice recording that you want to use.
- Once you have selected the voice recording you want send it by clicking on the ‘Share’ button.
- This will prompt you to send the recording via email.
Apart from using voice memos, you can download dictation and interview recording apps. These apps are specifically designed for recording interviews or dictations and they often come with additional functionalities including the ability to send the recording directly to your transcription provider from the app. There are selections of apps to choose from for this purpose and most are reasonably priced. Simply access the iTunes store and browse through the available apps going through their details to narrow down on one that meets your needs.
When choosing an app to buy for the purpose of interview or dictation recording it is important to have a few things in mind. For one, you want to choose an app with a user friendly interface with rewind, insert, overwrite and editing functionalities. If you are unsure about which app to use you could ask your transcription provider to advice you on which app would be best for your intended purpose.