It has been said time and again that an artist is only as good as the tools that he/she is using one of the reasons why it is important to be very careful when selecting the programs that will be used for upcoming as well as home studios. Below is some of the best sequencing and recording programs that are found in the market.
- Protools- this can also be referred to as the golden standard that is used by most professionals in the industry. This can be used to make anyone sound great as long as the right producers are used. It comes with unlimited support when using multi tracking a number of applications that help to perfect the projects. It also has endless guides to let a person know if there is anything they are doing wrong. The only downside is the fact that it can quite expensive.
- Adobe Audition 2.0/ 3.0: when your computer cannot access the Protools Adobe comes in quite handy to produce high quality work. It is perfect for mastering and mixing of songs. It also has a wide array of effects and a sequencer that been inbuilt. It is extremely powerful and easy to use.
- Cubase 4.0: this is a raw audio recorder, sequencer that allows a person to create almost anything that is needed when it comes to the effects that will be used on the songs and lyrics. It can be used with other programs quite easily. It is easy to learn and use.
- Reason: this is used for professional sequencing and sampling. It comes with a sound back CD that gives you too many sounds that you can play around with. It also has additional discs that can be used when looking for a specific trumpet, drum, sitar or anything else that you may require. It provides a certain realism that is unmatched. And it is also possible to come up with your own tunes. A person needs to do a lot of reading to understand how to use the program.
- FL Studio 7: this has a massive sound back although it cannot be compared to the synths and drum sounds that are produced by Reason. It is enjoyable to work with as it provides numerous options that a person can play around with. It has a simple interface that can be learned easily without a problem. It supports lots of effects and MIDI.