Your website can be made interesting by adding audio and video material so that it does not only act as a reading information portal. If you are looking to record anything the below steps will help you do it in the correct manner.
How do you find a great interview?
The main aim here is to provide facts, words opinions and reasons so that the listener can draw conclusions. The questions as well as answers are supposed to be of benefit to the audience that is eavesdropping. An interview therefore is:
- Not a discussion- you should not comment on the answers or pit opinions against your own, the word “I” should also not be used
- Spontaneous event- rehearsal hints usually discredit the interviewee. Only tell them about general issues and not the questions that will be asked.
- For the audience- it is best to ask the listener what they would like to ask so that they can get what they want.
Types of interviews
- Facts- make sure they are right before the interview begins
- Explanations/reasons- always question the reasoning and explanations should be clear. You can also investigate the reactions to the facts and ask for illustrations where necessary.
- Emotive- this is where you try to get into the interviewers state of mind.
The manner the questions are asked is as important as the questions’ content. You can be sensitive but not to over caring, become impartial not indifferent.
Top journalism tips
- Be unbiased and balanced
- Keep the audience in mind and know them
- Know the subject that the interview is based on
- Put the interviewees agenda in mind
- Try and get opposing views
- Be wary of assumptions
- Always treat people with respect
- Make people think sharply by challenging them
- Know the main pints that will be covered as well as what needs to be achieved
- Establish the facts for the questions
- Find out the counter arguments on the subject
- Write down questions
- Create a rapport with the interviewee
Always perform a test recording and listen to it before the actual interview to make sure that everything is in place.
- Make use of non- verbal communication to avoid any distractions
- Listen/monitor the recording to be sure that everything runs smoothly
- Keep aims of the interview on track
- Look out for supplementary questions
- Keep timings
You should also consider the questioning technique as well as how it will end to have a successful one. More on interview transcription.